Zoonoses is a gold open-access journal reporting the latest knowledge on zoonosis prevention and control worldwide. Currently, the journal has an editorial board with more than 40 leading scientists from 10 countries. To provide young scientists with an active platform for exchanging scientific ideas in zoonoses and promote his/her academic growth, the Zoonoses Editorial Office will recruit 20 junior Editorial Board members worldwide on/before July 1, 2021.
The initial appointment is one year, which is renewable contingent on the completion of responsibilities. Young scientists from preventive medicine, clinical medicine, genetics, biology, infectious diseases and veterinary are all welcome, and those working in the following fields are given a high priority.
- Epidemiology, vaccine, and diagnosis of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases (such as COVID-19, leishmaniasis, Q fever)
- AI, machine learning and 3D printing in the diagnosis and prediction of zoonoses
- Gene editing and single-cell sequencing in zoonoses
- mNGS in precision diagnosis of zoonoses
- Microbiome and zoonoses
Below you may find the qualifications, responsibilities and benefits for your reference.
- Holding a doctoral degree of basic medical sciences, preventive medicine or clinical medicine, and those with experiences of working in foreign countries for 3 years and greater will be given a high priority.
- Having published 1 or more papers in international peer-reviewed journals (2019 IF > 5) as the first or corresponding author; or having published 2 or more research articles in international peer-reviewed journals (2019 IF > 3) as the first or corresponding author.
- Applicants as PI of international or national grants will be given a high priority.
- Having experiences as referees of international peer-reviewed biomedical journals.
- Contributing or recommending contributions to Zoonoses.
- Serving as referees for Zoonoses.
- Drafting comments for selected articles.
- Recommending Zoonoses at international and national conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Actively participating in the academic activities organized or jointly organized by Zoonoses.
- Being issued by a certificate of appointment.
- The submissions by or recommended by the junior editorial board member will be given a priority for publication.
- Full-text PDF publications will be available by E-mail sent by the journal editorial office.
- All referees will be acknowledged in the journal, journal website and Wechat official account.
- Those with excellent peer-review activities will be selected as Annual Excellent Reviewer, and will be awarded.
- Excellent junior editorial board members will be selected as editorial board members.
All applicants may send the application letter to the journal editorial office at firstname.lastname@example.org, together with CV, with the subject “Zoonoses junior editorial board application + name + subject” by July 1, 2021. All applications will be carefully reviewed and the final decision will be announced on July 15, 2021.
Welcome to join in the Junior Editorial Board of Zoonoses.